Kibale National Park weather is primarily influenced by the climate found in the area. The region of Kibale forest national park experiences a tropical climate that features warm conditions and high rainfall all year round.
The location of Kibale majorly affects the weather in Kibale forest national park. This park is in southwestern Uganda at 0030 North and 3024 East, near the Equator. This area experiences warm conditions year-round and two dry and warm seasons in the year.
Normally, in the daytime in Kibale Forest, temperatures go over 270C and cool down to almost 150C during the night.
Since Kibale is a tropical rainforest, the weather in the park is unpredictable, it can rain anytime! But, the months of December-February are considered drier and so is June-August.
Kibale national park Uganda experiences two (2) wet seasons. And among these include March-May and September-November however, sunshine always comes out during the day!
Characteristics Of Kibale National Park Weather
Although the weather in Kibale National park is unpredictable here are some of its characteristics:
- Day temperatures usually rise over 270
- At night, temperatures in Kibale Forest normally fall to about 150
- Rainfall can come any time of the day. However, during dry months it’s minimal.
Kibale National Park Weather In Dry Months
The weather of Kibale National Park is dry during the months of:
- June-August and
During these months, Kibale Forest receives little or no rain most hours of the day. However, note that since Kibale is a rainforest, it can drizzle at any time!
In these months, day temperatures usually rise to about 270C and cool to 150C at night.
Most safari activities in Kibale National Park such as Chimpanzee trekking and birding are ideal during the dry weather.
Advantages Of Visiting Kibale Park In Dry Months
- In the dry months, the weather in Kibale National Park is pleasant for all Uganda safari activities in Kibale National Park. Rainfall chances are very minimal in a day!
- Usually, in dry months, trails for Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale National Park are drier therefore, trekking them becomes easier.
Demerits Of Visiting Kibale Forest During Dry Months
Though Kibale National Park weather is pleasant for visitors during the dry months, it has some disadvantages:
- Always, dry months are the peak season for tourism in Uganda. Therefore most parks in Uganda, Kibale inclusive tend to crowd.
- Also, the price of tourism products usually gets high in response to the flow of visitors coming into the country!
What To Have While Visiting Kibale National Park In Dry Months?
Though minimal rainfall is expected in these months, it’s ideal for you to come with the following just in case rain finds you in the jungle.
- A rain jacket as it might drizzle any time!
- Insect repellents because Kibale Forest might be prone to biting insects.
Kibale National Park Weather In Wet Months
Kibale National Park weather experiences two wet seasons and these include:
- March-May and,
While in these months in Kibale National park, the area receives rainfall almost most hours of the day.
April and October are the rainiest months in Kibale forest national park. But, even during these months, sunshine always comes out!
Hence, most safari activities in Kibale National Park like Chimpanzee trekking, birding, and also Bigodi swamp walk become challenging to undertake.
Please note that, regardless of the heavy rainfall during these months, temperatures remain warm all day long. Day temperatures normally rise over 270C and cool to approximately 150C at night.
Merits Of Visiting Kibale National Park In Wet Months
- Generally, in Uganda, Kibale inclusive, wet months are always low tourism season. So, this means low costs for most tourism products including accommodation.
These months are ideal for budget travelers! Just have to be equipped for some mud!
- Furthermore, this period is a blessing in disguise for visitors undertaking Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale. During this period, there’s plenty of food in the forest from fruiting trees.
Therefore, Chimpanzees infrequently move deeper into the forest looking for food. As a result, spotting chimps in the jungle becomes easier, unlike in the dry months when visitors have to trek deeper into the rainforest.
Demerits Of Visiting Kibale Forest National Park In Wet Months
- During this period, some trail points in Kibale National Park often become slippery thus, challenging to hike.
- Likewise, in these months, Kibale Forest always gets more humid and rain is likely to downpour most hours of the day. And this affects your adventure.
What To Have When Visiting Kibale In Wet Months?
Travelers intending to visit Kibale during a wet season are encouraged to move with:
- A raincoat
- Waterproofed hiking shoes
- A 4WD safari vehicle is ideal as roads to Kibale might get slippery in some points.
Kibale National Park weather is superb all year round for all safari activities in the park. However, travelers undertaking Uganda safaris in Kibale should note that the best time to visit Kibale park is during the dry months when minimal rainfall is expected.
Please, Email Us With Any Inquiries About Your Safari In Uganda
FAQs About Kibale National Park Weather
What Is The Best Weather To Visit Kibale National Park?
Kibale National Park’s weather allows visitors to visit the park all year round. However, the best season is during the dry months counting June-August and December-February.
During these months, Kibale receives little rainfall most hours of the day thus, allowing you to have a memorable adventure in the park.
What To Park When Visiting Kibale National Park?
Since Kibale is a tropical rainforest, Kibale National Park weather is almost similar year-round. Thus, your packing list in the drier months is the same as that in the wet months, and among these includes:
These will protect you from all possibilities of biting insects in the forest including Mosquitoes.
A rain jacket
This is so crucial as it will help you in case the rain gets you along the trail.
Comfortable hiking boots are ideal as they are ideal in case you encounter slippery and soggy conditions on the trail.
Long-sleeved shirts and trousers
These protect your body from scratches, cuttings, and insect bites while in the forest.
It helps you capture remarkable photos of numerous wildlife along the trail. A camera with a superb zooming lens is ideal.
For bird lovers, a binocular is a must-have gadget on your Uganda tour in Kibale Forest. It helps you have great views of birds in distant places.
Sunglasses and sunhats
This protects you from tropical sunlight. A sunhat safeguards you from direct scorching sunlight while the sunglasses protect your eyes also.
It helps keep all your properties safe while in the jungle. And among these include binoculars and cameras and packed lunch, etc.