Home » Midrange Lodges In Kibale National Park – Standard Hotels/Accommodations
Turaco Treetops At Kibale Forest National Park
Turaco Treetops offers guests a unique experience in the forest with stunning views over the snowcapped Rwenzori Mountains.
Turaco Treetops is the place to go on a chimpanzee trekking, share tasty meals, laugh, read a book near a fireplace, learn about nature, play a game, or take a dip in our refreshing pool.
Turaco Treetops offers its guests a unique jungle experience, without compromising on comfort.
Accommodation At Turaco Treetops Includes;
Luxury Forest Cottages
- Turaco Treetops has 8 luxury cottages situated at secluded locations in the jungle.
- The cottages are spacious, with large windows and outside wooden decks, providing splendid views over Kibale Forest.
- The cottages are designed to ‘bring the outdoors inside and mix modernity with an ‘African feel’ by using clean lines in combination with wood and other natural materials.
Budget Forest Cottage
- For everyone who is traveling on a budget, the Chimps’ House is the right pick. Located in the middle of the forest, this cozy cottage provides a carefree jungle experience.
Facilities And Services At Turaco Treetops Include;
- Restaurant, bar, Lounges, and fireplace; the main building includes a restaurant, a lounge area with a cozy fireplace, a bar, an outside terrace, and a first-floor lounge with spectacular views over the forest and the snow-capped Rwenzori Mountains.
- Free Wi-Fi and charging docks; for everyone who wants to share their adventures or is looking to recharge their equipment, we have free Wi-Fi and charging docks available in the main building.
- Swimming pool; the 5×10 meter pool is strategically positioned in the lush garden in front of Turaco Treetops’ main building and has a shallow end for the youngest guests.
2. Chimpanzee Forest Guest House
Chimpanzee Forest Guest House Fort Portal
Located at the edge of Kibale National Park only 22 Km from Fort Portal on the Kamwenge Road.
Chimpanzee Forest Guesthouse was formerly a residence of the British district commissioner in the 1950s during Uganda’s colonial period.
It was renovated and turned into a Guest House in 2003; it has been wonderfully cared for and maintained ever since.
Accommodation At Chimpanzee Forest Guest House
Chimpanzee Forest Guest House offers accommodation in beautifully furnished self-contained cottages (Bandas) with a panoramic view of Kibale Forest National park and the surrounding Tea plantations.
The guest house also offers accommodation in a large ancient colonial house, which was formerly home to the British commissioner in the 1950s.
It is well furnished with two self-contained rooms in a colonial setting with beautiful views of Kibale national park, the Tea plantation, and Crater Lake. It also has hot showers in western-style bathrooms.
Facilities And Services At Chimpanzee Forest Guest House
- Laundry services
- Parking space
- Free internet
- Car hire services
- Electricity and standby generator
- Tight security
- Fully stocked bar
3. Kibale Forest Camp
Mountains Of The Moon Hotel Fort Portal
Mountains of the moon hotel are located in Fort Portal 26 kilometers from Kibale National Park.
The hotel sits on 15 acres of landscaped gardens with wonderful views of the Rwenzori Mountains from where the hotel takes its name.
The hotel is a unique blend of oriental and French chic styles where guests instantly feel at home.
Accommodation At Mountains Of The Moon Hotel Includes;
A total of 33 fully appointed rooms are homely and inviting with many distinguishing features characterized by sleek hand-carved furniture in natural woods.
This simplistic yet charming décor is both practical and cozy, making it the perfect choice for business travelers, tourists, and families.
Room types include Deluxe Double, Single Room, Single Standard, Suites, Superior Double, and Twin Room.
Facilities And Services At Mountains Of The Moon Hotel
- A well-designed wellness center and swimming pool
- Restaurants featuring fusion cuisine
- An exclusive bar offering only world-class wines and award-winning beers.
- Unlimited Internet access; the wireless Internet access solution provides connectivity for all guests within the hotel and its garden to access the Internet with their own laptop or hand-held device.
- Three modern conference rooms provide the perfect environment for meetings (from 10 to 300 people).
- There is also a dedicated business center for our guests without laptops to ensure even when on a weekend escape visitors are able to keep in touch
Kibale Safari Lodge
The lodge is located in Kanyanchu on the way to Bigondi Village, the site of the lodge was carefully chosen, and it commands the view of the Kibale National park forest and the Rwenzori Mountains, the portal peaks. The Lodge blends into its natural surroundings to enable visitors to feel part of the wildness. The Lodge blends into its natural surroundings to enable visitors to feel part of the wild.
Accommodation At Kibale Safari Lodge includes;
- The Lodge presently offers 2 rooms on the main building and 5 luxury cottages with private toilets and hot showers.
- All cottages are very well furnished to ensure comfort for all.
- No detail has been overlooked in the refurbishment of these magnificent cottages.
- The cottages provide a perfect setting for relaxation.
- From the seclusion of your veranda, you can watch wild animals jump from tree to tree.
Facilities And Services At Kibale Safari Lodge Include;
- Dining; the lodge offers excellent standards of cuisine. The delicious food competes with the distractions of the spectacular scenery of the Forest.
- The Bar; is well-stocked and overlooks the forest. It has been built to suit your highest expectations. You enjoy the magnificent scenery of the Kibale forest and the Rwenzori Mountains
- Campfire; if you are not interested in retiring early in the night, you will definitely enjoy sitting around the campfire, chatting with other tourists, and listening to different animals and birds sounds.