Home » Safari Lodges In Kibale Forest National Park – Hotels/Accommodations
For travelers planning their safari to Uganda’s Kibale, there are several Uganda safari hotels/lodges in Kibale National Park where to stay in and around the park.
Hotels/accommodations in Kibale National Park are categorized into;
- Luxury safari lodges
- Mid-range safari lodges
- Budget safari lodges
Luxury lodges in Kibale National Park
- Primate Lodge Kabale
- Crater Safari Lodge
- Kyaninga lodge
- Kibale Ndali Lodge
- Papaya Lake lodge
Midrange accommodation in Kibale National Park
- Kibale Forest Camp
- Kibale Safari Lodge
- Turaco Treetops
- Mountains of the moon hotel
- Isunga Lodge
- Chimpanzee Forest Guest House
Budget lodges in Kibale National Park
- Crater Valley Kibale (CVK) Lakeside Resort
- Lake Nkuruba Nature Reserve & Community Campsite
- Rweteera Safari Park
- Ruwenzori View Guesthouse
Luxury Uganda safari lodges in Kibale National Park
1. Primate Lodge Kibale
Primate Lodge Kibale has located deep in the forest and right next door to the starting point for Chimpanzee tracking tours and Chimpanzee Habituation.
Accommodation at Primate Lodge includes;
Nine (9) spacious and en-suite Luxury Cottages, 7 mid-level/standard cottages, a Family Cottage, a Honeymoon Cottage, and a campsite
- Luxury Cottage; The luxury cottages are constructed of local brick and grass thatched for an authentic African feel.
- Standard Cottages; Standard Cottages are private and en-suite with a well-furnished bedroom and a lovely bathroom.
- Family Cottage; The Family Cottage is separate from individual bathrooms but has an inter-connecting door.
- Honeymoon Cottage; This is a double-storied Banda comprising an upstairs bedroom that extends out over a large, elevated thatched wooden deck/veranda which too seems to extend right into the forest canopy.
- Campsite; There is also a well-maintained campsite with shared washing facilities is available for guests who wish to bring their own tent.
2. Crater Safari Lodge−Luxury
Crater Safari Lodge is located 7 km from the tropical rainforest of Kibale Forest National Park.
The lodge is located on the banks of the Nyinabulitwa Crater Lake. Fort Portal is the closest town and is 22 km away.
The surrounding area is home to 9 crater lakes and abundant tea and coffee plantations.
Accommodation at Crater Safari Lodge includes;
- 21 rooms in total comprising 10 standard pool facing cabanas (double level) and 11 deluxe thatched chalets
- 5 Deluxe chalets; are crater-facing (2 twins, 3 doubles – one of which is the honeymoon suite)
- 6 Deluxe chalets; are in the gardens with a partial crater view (2 of these are family cottages and are joined. The other 2 are standalone cottages with double beds)
- 3 Chalets; have baths, while the rest have expansive showers
- The Family Chalet; has inter-leading rooms with 2 double beds and 4 single beds in total. If needed, deluxe chalets have space for an extra bed.
3. Kyaninga lodge−Luxury
Kyaninga Lodge is set against the stunning backdrop of Lake Kyaninga and the Rwenzori Mountains and beyond.
It is a spectacular result of one man’s vision and six years of unwavering commitment to creating an experience of Africa’s beauty unlike anything else.
You can experience the beauty and romance of this unexplored region while staying at the height of luxury and elegance.
Accommodation at Kyaninga lodge includes;
- Nine (9) cottages set on raised platforms. The cottages offer you privacy and tranquility.
- Each spacious cottage comes with a choice of twin or double beds made up of the softest bed linen and feather pillows.
- An indoor seating area leads out to a private deck where you can enjoy morning tea or coffee with views over the lake and the Rwenzori Mountains.
- The en-suite bathrooms boast marble countertop basins set atop crafted Elgon olive pedestals, claw-footed freestanding baths, and glass-walled showers.
- With modern solar power, you will always have hot water and electrical charging points.
4. Kibale Ndali Lodge−Luxury
Ndali lodge is located adjacent to Kabale National Park headquarters in the Ndali Kasenda crater field in the Kabarole district in Western Uganda.
It is 26 km from Fort Portal.
The lodge is situated right on the rim of one of the larger crater lakes.
Accommodation at Ndali Lodge includes;
- Eight (8) elegant cottages built in African style with woods, stones, and grass thatched roofs. Rooms are well decorated and furnished.
- The rooms also have balconies and verandahs to enjoy spectacular views of the crater, Rwenzori Mountains, and surrounding areas.
- All rooms have en-suite facilities such as bathrooms with a bath, shower, sink and flush toilet.
5. Papaya Lake lodge−Luxury
Papaya Lake lodge is surrounded by the lush, evergreen landscapes of the Ugandan Great Crater Lakes region.
It is set between two extinct volcanoes, nestled against the turquoise waters of the Lyantonde and Kifuruka lakes, and with exhilarating views over the majestic Ruwenzori Mountain Range.
Just before entering Fort Portal, take a left and follow a red dirt road. It will take you directly to Papaya along a scenic drive through tea, banana, guava, and avocado plantations.
Accommodation at Papaya Lake lodge includes;
- Nine (9) spacious and bright cottages
- All are situated on the extinct volcano crater’s slope and have breathtaking views of Lyantonde Lake.
- Each cottage offers complete privacy, hidden from view by a natural screen of green treetops.
- 8 of the cottages feature 2 beds (one king-size and one single), local stone-decorated bathrooms with shower units, and verandas equipped with deckchairs.
- The 9th cottage – Family Cottage – is a two-level villa boasting three bedrooms, a living room with a fireplace, a spacious bathroom, and a large terrace.
- The rooms are decorated and furnished with calm colors, subtle accessories, and original interior design, and equipped with simple but comfortable furniture.
Midrange Accommodations/Lodges in Kibale National Park
1. Kibale Forest Camp−Midrange
This elegant tented camp is located in a patch of evergreen forest, just outside the southern part of Kibale Forest National Park.
It borders the Magombe swamp, known as the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary.
It is a mere 10 min drive to Kanyanchu Visitor Center, the place from where your chimp track will start.
Accommodation at Kibale Forest Camp includes;
- Self-contained tents; These 12 African safari-style tents are comfortably furnished with twin or double beds.
- Non-self-contained tents; Kibale Forest Camp also offers alternative accommodation in the form of 9 non-self-contained tents.
2. Kibale Safari Lodge−Midrange
Kibale Safari Lodge is located in Kanyanchu on the way to Bigodi Village.
Its location was carefully chosen and has a view of Kibale National Park forest and the Rwenzori Mountains.
The Lodge blends into its natural surroundings to enable visitors to feel part of the wildness.
It blends into its natural surroundings to enable visitors to feel part of the wild.
Accommodation at Kibale Safari Lodge includes;
- The Lodge presently offers 2 rooms on the main building and 5 luxury cottages with private toilets and hot showers.
- All cottages are very well furnished to ensure comfort for all.
- No detail has been overlooked in the refurbishment of these magnificent cottages.
- The cottages provide a perfect setting for relaxation.
- From the seclusion of your veranda, you can watch wild animals jump from tree to tree.
3. Turaco Treetops−Midrange
Turaco Treetops offers guests a unique experience in the forest with stunning views over the snowcapped Rwenzori Mountains.
It is the place to go on a chimpanzee trekking safari, share tasty meals, laugh, and read a book near a fireplace. You can also learn about nature, play a game, or take a dip in our refreshing pool.
Turaco Treetops offers its guests a unique jungle experience, without compromising on comfort.
Accommodation at Turaco Treetops includes;
- Luxury Forest Cottages; Turaco Treetops has 8 luxury cottages situated at secluded locations in the jungle.
- Budget Forest Cottage; For everyone who is traveling on a budget, the Chimps’ House is the right pick. Located in the middle of the forest, this cozy cottage provides a carefree jungle experience.
4. Mountains of the moon hotel−Midrange
Mountains of the moon hotel are located in Fort Portal 26 kilometers from Kibale National Park.
The hotel sits on 15 acres of landscaped gardens with wonderful views of the Rwenzori Mountains from where the hotel takes its name.
The hotel is a unique blend of oriental and French chic styles where guests instantly feel at home.
Accommodation at Mountains of the moon hotel includes;
A total of 33 fully appointed rooms are homely and inviting with many distinguishing features characterized by sleek hand-carved furniture in natural woods.
This simplistic yet charming décor is both practical and cozy, making it the perfect choice for business travelers, tourists, and families.
Room types include Deluxe Double, Single Room, Single Standard, Suites, Superior Double, and Twin Room.
5. Isunga Lodge−Midrange
Isunga Lodge is situated beside a beautiful rainforest with spectacular views of the huge peaks of the Rwenzori Mountains.
It also has stunning views of Lake George and the savannahs of Queen Elizabeth.
It is located in the midst of the Crater Lake area, making it the perfect base for the exploration of this wonderful region.
Accommodation at Isunga Lodge includes;
- Eight (8) tranquil cottages provide comfortable, quality accommodation at affordable rates.
- All cottages have solar power, mosquito nets, flush toilets, and hot showers.
- Rooms’ categories include single, double/twin, triple, and family.
- The family cottage sleeps 4, with 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, and a sitting room.
6. Chimpanzee Forest Guest House−Midrange
Located at the edge of Kibale National Park only 22 Km from Fort Portal on the Kamwenge Road.
Chimpanzee Forest Guesthouse was formerly a residence of the British district commissioner in the 1950s during Uganda’s colonial period.
It was renovated and turned into a Guest House in 2003; it has been wonderfully cared for and maintained ever since.
Accommodation at Chimpanzee Forest Guest House
- Chimpanzee Forest Guest House offers accommodation in beautifully furnished self-contained cottages (Bandas).
- They have a panoramic view of Kibale Forest National park and the surrounding Tea plantations.
- The guest house also offers accommodation in a large ancient colonial house, which was formerly home to the British commissioner in the 1950s.
- It is well furnished with two self-contained rooms in a colonial setting with beautiful views of Kibale national park, the tea plantation, and Crater Lake.
- It also has hot showers in western-style bathrooms.
Budget Uganda Safari lodges in Kibale National Park
7. Crater Valley Kibale (CVK) Lakeside Resort−Budget
CVK Lakeside Guest House is a homely guesthouse located at the entrance of Kibale forest park headquarters.
It is located on one of the most beautiful crater lakes in the region, Lake Nyabikere.
Accommodation at Crater Valley Kibale Lakeside Resort
- All accommodation at CVK Guesthouse is within evergreen vegetation and forest which is terraced and overlooks Crater Lake.
- A cool breeze from the lake is constantly carrying cool clean fresh air, making us the ideal peaceful hub to relax and integrate with nature.
- The Guest House is a self-contained facility with hot showers and modern sitting flush toilets.
- There is also a campsite with access to hot showers and modern sitting flush toilet facilities from within a 10-meter distance
8. Lake Nkuruba Nature Reserve & Community Campsite−Budget
Lake Nkuruba Nature Reserve and Community Campsite are situated 19km south of Fort Portal.
They are home to a beautiful Crater Lake and an ancient forest.
Set amidst this tranquil environment, the resort offers guests the chance to unwind, relax and enjoy all that nature has to offer
Accommodation at Lake Nkuruba Nature Reserve & Community Campsite
- Rwenzori View Cottages; In these cottages double and twin beds are available.
- Hill-Top Cottages; These are self-contained cottages and secluded from the main campground, surrounded by the lush forest of the Nature Reserve.
- The Lakeside Cottage; Overlooking the peaceful Lake Nkuruba, the cottage provides privacy away from the main camp.
- Camping; Camping facilities include shared bathroom facilities with flushing toilets and hot showers. Camping chairs are available and a campfire may be lit at night.
9. Rweteera Safari Park−budget
Rweteera Safari Park is situated at the Kibale Forest National Park entrance next to the shore of Lake Nyabikere.
Accommodation includes; Budget Double Tent, Standard Chalet, and Double Room with an extra Bed.
10. Ruwenzori View Guesthouse−Budget
Rwenzori View Guest House is situated on the green outskirts of Fort Portal.
It is the perfect spot to explore the beauties of Western Uganda.
The guest house is a comfortable and family-run place set within the backdrop of the breathtaking Rwenzori Mountains.
- Double / Twin Room
- Double/ Twin Room
- Family Room
- Family Room
- Wooden Cabin
- Wooden Cabin